Many writers are wondering how to improve their overall ranking in search engines. Even the most prolific writers are having the hard time to make it on top whereas for some it is as easy as counting 1-2-3 with their SEO oriented articles. Little did they know that there’s a secret on how to invite online readers to your website content without even exerting much effort.
Search engine optimization is definitely the key point in getting the traffic you desire. As the term suggests, it maximizes a website’s visibility in search engine’s results. It has remarkably changed the landscape in online writing. Even a well-versed article has to take a backseat with the invasion of so many SEO oriented articles.
Some writers feel that the quality of the articles will be sacrificed if they will follow the trend which is integrating keywords intended for search spiders. By incorporating essential elements into your website content and other online endeavors, you made it easier for search engines to advance your overall ranking without even sacrificing the quality of your SEO oriented article.
1. Write an interesting title. Web pages, articles and press releases are very rampant in the internet and generally, viewers look only on the title without even browsing the content. Having that in mind, as a writer you must come up with an interesting title and integrate it with your main keyword. See to it that you have an exciting title that will motivate viewers to continue reading your entire SEO oriented article.
2. Create more content. No matter what the topic is all about, the content of your article has the possibility of reaching a wide range of audience and this will surely augment your company’s reputation thus reaping the benefits courtesy of SEO. Well-written SEO oriented articles that deal with anything about the industry can help alleviate your company’s page ranking by virtue of the links you have with other people.
3. Do not deviate from your central topic. If you’re writing an article for website, stay focused on the business-related topic. Do not try to mix it with irrelevant topics for this will create confusion to your visitors as to what you’re really up to or what the website is all about. Blog posting on the other hand may not be that complex like website content but still it has its own way of delivering a wide array of information in various ways. Whatever the central topic is, do not deviate with it in any way.
4. Write within length limits but still maintain keyword density. Usually content written for web page and articles submitted for directory are within 300 to 1,000 word count while blog posts on different social media sites have lesser words. The article’s length will be determined by the frequency of keywords used. Normally, it is best to have a keyword for every 50-100 words of content.
5. Include a keyword in your bio. Biographical information is one great opportunity for you to enrich your credentials and to optimize the content you are marketing. Include at least one keyword in your bio.
6. Do not spam keyword. It seems very unprofessional if you will cram keywords in your article since all of the linked keywords will be running on the same page. An organized SEO oriented article should have keywords spread evenly all throughout the article.
7. Use a meta description. This is a brief description of your content which consists of 150 characters. It’s another way of optimizing your content. Meta descriptions must include keywords to be recognized by Google and increase the value of your content.
8. Properly populate your tags. The first tags that Google as well as other search engine indexes are Title, H1 and H2 tags. Titles should be used for h1 tags while subtitles should go for h2 tags and so on. With this hierarchy, web page optimization will be improved and will enhance your rankings.
9. Develop original content. Do not copy from other existing articles and present it as if your own. This is definitely unacceptable. Create your own unique SEO oriented article to be used in your web page.
10. Use relevant images to enhance the content. Relevant eye-catching images can get the reader’s attention. So make good use of the images to attract more visitors and have them stay on your page.