The Government of India established the National Board of Examinations (NBE) in 1975 with the objective of improving the quality of the Medical Education by establishing high and uniform standards of PG examinations in modern medicine on All India Basis and utilizing existing healthcare infrastructure for capacity building. National Board of Examinations conducts entry and exit examinations at PG (Postgraduate) and PD (Post Doctoral) level and licensing examinations as Screening Test for Indian Nationals with Foreign Medical Qualifications. NEET PG 2012 is the eligibility-cum-ranking examination prescribed as the single entrance examination to various MD/MS and Post Graduate Diploma Courses under ambit of Post Graduate Medical Regulations notified by Medical Council of India with approval of the Ministry of Health and Family Welfare. Ministry of Health and Family Welfare, Government of India has notified NBE for conducting the National Eligibility-cum-Entrance Test for PG courses.
Vide amendments in the PG Medical Education Regulations issued by Medical Council of India (MCI) with prior approval of Government it has been prescribed that:
• There shall be a single eligibility cum entrance examination namely ‘National Eligibility-cum-Entrance Test’ (NEET) for admission to PG Medical Courses’ in each academic year.
• And 3% seats of the annual sanctioned intake capacity shall be filled up by candidates with locomotory disability of lower limbs between 50% to 70%. Provided further that this entire exercise shall be completed by each medical college or institute as per the statutory time schedule for admissions.
• In order to be eligible for admission to any PG course in a particular academic year, it shall be necessary for a candidate to obtain minimum of marks at 50th percentile in ‘National Eligibility-cum-Entrance Test’ (NEET) for PG courses held for the said academic year. However, in respect of candidates belonging to Scheduled Castes, Scheduled Tribes, Other Backward Classes, the min marks shall be at 40th percentile. In respect of candidates as provided in clause 9 (II) above with locomotory disability of lower limbs, the min marks shall be at 45th percentile. The percentile shall be determined on the basis of highest marks secured in the All India common merit list in ‘National Eligibility-cum-Entrance Test’ NEET for PG:
Provided when sufficient number of candidates in the respective categories fail to secure minimum marks as prescribed in NEET PG 2012 held for any academic year for admission to PG Courses, the Central Government in consultation with Medical Council of India may at its discretion lower the minimum marks required for admission to PG Course for candidates belonging to respective categories and marks so lowered by the Central Government shall be applicable for the said academic year only.
• PG NEET 2012 Application Form Details:-
National Eligibility Entrance Test PG examination shall be conducted from 23rd November – 6th December, 2012.
PG NEET 2012 Application Form will be published at 09:00 Am on October 4th, 2012.
• PG NEET 2012 Application Form Fees Details:-
Composite examination fee and info bulletin voucher can be obtained from selected the branches of Axis Bank on payment of 3750 for General/OBC and 2750 for SC/ST/PWD Category.